Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Husbands

     That title is a bit misleading, because I only have one and only one. That is all I can handle, I think.

     I have a terrific husband. He does all kinds of things that other women tell me they would like their husbands to do. He does the laundry. Carries out the trash.  Does dishes. Cooks. And takes care of me.

     Now, let's look at some of this. On the surface it looks really cool. It is. But he wants to do it his way.Anyone see a problem with that? I do.

    For over forty years I was the cooker, cleaner and dishwasher,well, after the kids were grown. So, if he now takes over all of that, and only because he wants to, not because I can no longer do it, where does that leave me, exactly?

   Supposedly, it leaves me free and easy. I have no idea how to feel about that. I do nothing really well and then I can also do a lot, really well. But to do nothing all the time is boring and not very edifying.

   This also comes under the heading of " retirement".  He likes to be near me and with me, which is nice and I love it. Love it. But, back to self esteem and hubby doing my job, I guess I have to say that I had to find another job. So, I do the housecleaning, you know, ye ol' toilet and beds and spring cleaning. I like it.

    I have also taken up doing some writing, which you all know about.

    Back to the " he does everything", and the ladies who want their hubbies to do it too, let me just say, that if you want that to happen, you will have to let him do it his way, and not redo everything he does, or I can guarantee he will never do it again.

   Thanks to my wonderful man and thanks to all of you who read this.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment