Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Breakfast Cookies

The other day on a post, one of my 500 wordgang put out a recipe called Breakfast Cookies.
I took the recipe to my husband, who is the baker and cooker in our household, and he said they sounded good.


That was two days ago.


Yesterday when he went out to run the garbage can down to the street and a few other little errands, he stopped by the freezer, which we keep in the garage, and it was dead.


I heard thumps and bumps and wondered what he was doing. I went out to the garage and he was loading up sacks with food. I asked what was going on. He said the freezer isn't working. What are we going to do with the food? Do you want me to take that to church when I go to bell practice?
He thought he would call a neighbor first and see if he had any room. He didn't.


Hubby said he would take me to practice and  we would leave the food at church in their freezers.


Off we go to church and he to find a freezer.
 He picked me up and we went to check out one of the freezers he had found.
We went to the big box store and found a freezer we could live with, actually, we like it, and they can deliver it today. Which is great.


And now, to the cookies.


This morning I was greeted by my best man with, " Well, they are what they are."


To which I brilliantly replied, " Whaaaaaaa?"


" The cookies."
" Oh."
The recipe calls for bananas, oatmeal, raisins, coconut, chocolate chips, egg, sugar, cinnamon and oil.


What we have is bananas, oatmeal, raisins, egg, sugar, cinnamon and oil.


The coconut and chocolate chips were in the church freezer, two miles away, which left us with bananas, oatmeal. And may I add, about a handful of raisins.


They are wonderful. Think how they would be if we had it all. Or may be this is how they will be at my house.

1 comment:

  1. See, Stella? How versatile they are? The original recipe I saw only had bananas and oats. Easy peasy. I'm glad you could enjoy them the way you made them. Think of all of the possibilities when all of your food is at your house! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete